AUTHORS GUIDELINES FOR MANUSCRIPT PREPARATION
Authors should submit their manuscripts electronically through the Journal website submission system to the Editorial Office.
AREJ Website: rengj.mosuljournals.com
It is firstly required that the manuscript should be formatted according to AREJ English Template or AREJ Arabic Template (MS-Word Version). Our review is double-blind, so based on AREJ Template (for Blind Review), any information related to your identity must be removed. This includes the name, affiliation, email, etc., if any.
1: PREPARATION OF PRE-REVIEW MANUSCRIPTS
Manuscripts, where appropriate, should contain these sections in the order: Title, Authors and their affiliations and emails, Abstract, Keywords, Nomenclature, Introduction, Experimental Procedure, Theory, Results and Discussion, Conclusions, Acknowledgments (if any), References, Appendix (if any).
The manuscript may consist of text, equations, symbols, figures, tables, line-drawings, and photographs. Pre-Review Manuscripts are to be typed and formatted according to AREJ English Template or AREJ Arabic Template (MS-Word Version). The easiest and fastest way to do this, please follow these steps:
- Open your manuscript Word-file.
- Open AREJ Template file.
- Select the Paste Options in AREJ Template file: open Paste Option->Set Default Paste->Scroll down and select from the menu Cut, Copy, and Paste->Pasting between documents when style conflict-> select Use Destination Style (Default).
- Once done, all that you need after that is to Copy from your file to AREJ Template and save.
- Figures: All figures must be of good quality and are cited in the text with Arabic numerals by writing “Fig. 1” or “Figs. 1 and 2”. If the word appears at the first of a sentence, it is to be spelled out as Figure 1 or Figures 1 and 2. Place the figure caption positioned below it as close as possible to their first mention in the text.
- Equations: Use standard Microsoft Word Equation Editor to edit your equations. Do not embed "graphically designed" equations. Equations should be numbered consecutively in the paper and are cited in the text by writing “Eq. (1)” or “Eqs. (1) and (2). If the word occurs at the first of a sentence, it is to be spelled out as Equation (1) or Equations (1) and (2). Leave space of 6pt before and 6pt after the equation line to separate it from the text.
- Tables: Tables should be numbered consecutively in the paper and must be cited in the text by writing “Table 1” or “Tables 1 and 2. Tables are to be placed as close as possible to their first mention in the text and caption positioned above them.
- Nomenclature section is to be placed directly after the Conclusion section. It defines all the symbols (English and Greek), abbreviations, subscripts and superscripts used and arranged alphabetically. All standard symbols used in the text must be in the italic mode and must be listed with their SI units in the Nomenclature.
General format: The main text format consists of two columns on A4 paper. The margin text from each paper side is 2.5cm with 1.25 cm between the two columns. The manuscript is written in Microsoft Word, single space and Times New Roman (10pt).
Length: The preferable limit of the page number is maximum of 12 pages.
Language: Arabic and English.
Abstract and Keywords: On the first manuscript page, following the title include a 70- to 250-word abstract summarizing your problem and findings. On a line below the abstract, include three to five keywords for indexing and database word searches.
References: All sources cited in the text must be included in the reference list, and vice versa. References are to be listed in the order cited in the text in Arabic numerals. AREJ is adopted the IEEE citation style. For further information about the IEEE citation style, please check this website https://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/wp-content/uploads/IEEE-Reference-Guide.pdf.
- Submission of Pre-Review Manuscript
A soft copy of the manuscript to be submitted electronically through the Journal website submission system.
2: PREPARATION OF POST-REVIEW MANUSCRIPTS
After attending to all the referees’ comments and suggestions and the manuscript has been accepted ,following the title add authors with their affiliations (name, title, organization, city, state, country, email) and then submit a soft copy of the manuscript. Authors should submit their manuscripts electronically through the Journal website submission system. The Post-Review Manuscript style should follow the provided AREJ English Template or AREJ Arabic Template .
3: SUBMISSION OF PAPER
Manuscripts must be submitted in Arabic and English languages and should be written according to sound grammar and proper terminology. Submission to REAJ journal proceeds totally online and authors will be guided stepwise through the creation and uploading of the manuscript files. Manuscript submission must be applied once in order to obtain only one submission ID number. More than one submission for a single manuscript can lose the chance of manuscript consideration. As part of the manuscript, authors may choose to submit the manuscript as a single file to be used in the refereeing process. This can be a PDF document, that can be used by referees to evaluate the manuscript. All figures and tables are encouraged to be embedded and included in the main manuscript file.
4: PLAGIARISM PREVENTION AND VIOLATION OF PUBLICATION ETHICS
All manuscripts under review or published with AREJ are subject to screening using Plagiarism Prevention Software called “iThenticate”. Plagiarism is a serious violation of publication ethics. Other violations include duplicate publication, data fabrication and falsification, and improper credit of author contribution. Thus, Plagiarism or Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behavior are unacceptable and submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable. It is necessary to mention that AREJ Journal may ignore a duplicated manuscript up to 20%.
5: OPEN ACCESS PUBLICATION
AREJ publishes research work, covering a wide range of Engineering Sciences. All papers published in AREJ are open access and distributed under the open access license agreement. Under this license, Authors retain copyright to their work without restrictions, but allow anyone to download, reuse, reprint, modify, distribute, and/or copy the content as long as the original authors and source are cited properly.
6: CREATIVE COMMONS ATTRIBUTION
Permit others to distribute and copy the manuscript, to create extracts, abstracts, and other revised versions, adaptations, or derivative works of or from the manuscript (such as a translation), to include in a collective work, to text or data mine the article, even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit the author(s), do not represent the author as endorsing their adaptation of the article, and do not modify the article in such a way as to damage the author's honor or reputation. Further details found at: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0).
7: ARTICLE PUBLICATION FEES
Open access publishing proposes a relatively new model for scholarly journal publishing that provides worldwide, barrier-free access to the full-text of all published articles. Open access allows all interested readers to view, download, print, and redistribute any article without a subscription, enabling far greater distribution of an author's work than the traditional subscription-based publishing model.
In an open access model, the publication cost of an article is paid from an author's research budget, or by their supporting institution. Al-Rafidain Engineering Journal (AREJ) is an Open Access journal; therefore, publishing an article in this journal requires a payment of ($100) US for non-Iraqi authors and (100000) Iraqi dinars for Iraqi authors, for an accepted manuscript to be published. There is no submission or processing fee required.